this policy including how and why I use your information. If you don’t want me to collect or process your personal information in the ways described in this policy, you shouldn’t use the Services.
• By using the Services, you acknowledge that SzubiCrafts will use your information in any other country where SzubiCrafts operates. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, may differ from those that apply in the country in which you reside. I will transfer personal information only to these countries to which I am permitted by law to transfer personal information, and I will take steps to ensure that your personal information continues to enjoy appropriate protections.
2. Personal information I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide SzubiCrafts with certain information (which you authorised SzubiCrafts to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide
me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example) if you contact me directly.
3. Why do I need your information and how I use it?
SzubiCrafts relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your
rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use
• your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and 2) Compliance with the SzubiCrafts Shop Policy. I use your information as necessary to comply with my obligations under the SzubiCrafts Shop Policy.
4. Data Security
The security of your personal information is important to me. I follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to me, both during transmission and after it is received. Your account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect
against unauthorised access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully and by keeping your password and computer secure, such as by signing out after using the Services.
SzubiCrafts encrypts certain information (such as credit card numbers) using secure socket layer technology (SSL). SzubiCrafts follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to me, both during transmission and after it is received. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is
100% secure. Therefore, while I strive to protect your personal information, I can't guarantee its absolute security. SzubiCrafts offers optional advanced security settings for members, such as two-factor authentication for signing in, full-site SSL, and login history; you can enable these options under your account settings.
5. Sharing Information and Third Parties
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• SzubiCrafts. I share information with SzubiCrafts as necessary to provide you with my services and comply with my obligations under both the SzubiCrafts Shop Policy.
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address
fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
6. Data Retention
agreements. I generally keep your data for the following time period of 4 years.
7. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
8. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
9. How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Magdalena Szubert, the owner of SzubiCrafts, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
39 Dorrington Green
Birmingham, United Kingdom
10. Withdrawing Consent
Where you have provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to my processing of your information and your use of the Services. For example, you can withdraw your consent to process your data or message you via SzubiCrafts Contact Form.
I may amend or update this policy from time to time and encourage you to check back regularly and review any updates.